Friday, November 16, 2007

tra La La La

Just a short entry to let you know that tonight I going to be seeing "Amjad", the new work by the Candadian dance company La La La Human Steps and their director Edouard Lock. This is an absolutely fantastic group on the cutting edge of dance, blending the precision of classicism with the nuance of post-modernism. They created the dances for "Les Boreades" directed by Robert Carson at the Opera National de Paris a few years back (this production toured to America to BAM, the same theater where we will be producing a very different "David et Jonathas" in May). It was controversial, because their movement was not at all, or atleast not directly, connected to Ramaeu's score. It was fantastic though, and I must admit that for me Carson's suggestion that this allowed the music to be heard more was quite true. I will give a full report tomorrow. I am incidently also looking forward to drinks afterward with M. Lock - I am a great admirer of his and one thing being the Artistic Director of AOT gets me is the occasional social interaction with folks like Lock.

Oh, in other news, AOT has been asked to submit a proposal to the Utrecht Festival to present an opera in 2009. Fingers crossed...

No comments: