Friday, December 7, 2007

MESSIAH and beyond...

A real fast post...

Fellow blogger and AD John Bowen keeps a great set of posts on running Opera Vivente. During "Alcina" tech week and performances blogs dropped of and I thought to myself "Not now! This is the best time to let us know was is going on". Now that I am in the middle of "Messiah" tech and with our first performance tonight I completely understand. I don't even have time to write here all the things that have been keeping me from writing to you, but hopefully tomorrow. I will say that the production is going great. The singers are fantastic as is the orchestra (with yours truly at the podium for the first time). The theatrical experience is unlike opera or theater or anything else. It really should not be missed, and I will add to that, that these DC performances are the ones to catch (the tech at the Gonda is much more sophisticated).

I am really writing because I promised to announce here first our season for next year. I am just barely making it since it will be announced publically tonight. It is all subject to change but here goes:

September (Washington)
LA CALISTO
Francesco Cavalli

September (Baltimore)
CARMEN
Bizet/Brooks/Nelson

December (Washington)
HYDROGEN JUKEBOX
Phillip Glass

May (Washington)
ACIS AND GALATEA
G. F. Handel

Plus two tentative Ignoti Dei Concerts:

September
Music of the Jesuits
(Charpentier, Zipoli, Rossi) with Emily Noel

May
Vivaldi Opera Arias
with Sherezade Panthaki
More to come on all of these, but I have to go get in the zone...

No comments: